Today I will show you how to transform a regular pair of denim cut-offs to a pair of shorts which will get you noticed!
You will need:
1. denim shorts
2. regular supermarket thin bleach
3. glass bowl/jar
4. large fabric scissors (if you want to make your shorts smaller=hotter)
5. sharp tweezers
6. studs (optional, but recommended for higher impact)
7. rubber gloves (highly recommended, especially if you have not worked with bleach before)
Its easy and quick, so let’s start.
1.Take a pair of denim shorts which fit you well – the darker the denim, the bigger the contrast will be. These are high waisted from the 80s and at the moment they look like they should be worn by Baby from Dirty Dancing 8))
2. Get your bleach and glass bowl ready in the bathroom and put on your rubber gloves
3. Put the glass bowl/jar inside the bathtub and fill it with bleach – the more you put in, the more denim will get bleached, so be careful with the amount.
4. Squeeze the shorts into the jar and leave them for about 45 minutes.
5. Check how pale is the denim – if not pale enough, leave for another 20-40 minutes. It depends on the thickness of the denim and the quality of the bleach.
6. When happy with the colour, carefully pull the shorts out and wash the bleach out with cold water (best using the shower). Then wash the shorts in the washing machine (on their own) on 60 degrees (unless your shorts are really worn and the fabric is very thin, then wash on 40).
7. When dry, cut the shorts as desired.
8. Pull out the threads with sharp scissors to get the frayed effect – this will take a little time so patience is required.
9. Decide where would the studs look best and attach them to the fabric.
10. Tah-Dah your new shorts are ready!
Have loads of fun wearing them! And if you are not patient enough to make your own, but this exact pair here: